Frequently Asked Questions
Is your service free?
You CAN always use the free main page conversion engine if you want. But then you will not get all our functionality and you will also be subject to limitations.
- What does your site do?
- PDFmyURL is a professional PDF creation service. We enable you to create PDF documents from web pages (also known as URLs) or from HTML. You can also get a complete website (so all the pages) as PDF!
- What kind of things can I do with it?
- There are many real world applications for our service. A lot of people use it to create a PDF from a URL directly, so they can use the PDF for offline reading, archiving etc.
Here's a short list of what our service can do:
- Create professional PDF documents from a web page or pure HTML, such as invoices, tickets, brochures, e-books and more
- Convert an entire website into PDF so you can have a PDF backup for compliancy, copyright or other purposes.
- Allow visitors of your website to save any webpage as PDF with a single click
- Select areas within your webpage that you want to convert to PDF or want to exclude from the conversion
- Add additional non-web functionality to your converted PDF, such as watermarking, encryption and/or a full page background
If you want to get the most out of our service, then we offer several professional licenses:
Please review our competitive pricing plans if you want to get the most out of our service.
What are some of the features of your service?
Here's a short list of features of our web page / HTML to PDF conversion service:
Where are your servers located?
Our servers for regular clients are located in the USA. For enterprise clients we can currently setup servers in either the USA (various locations), Japan, Singapore, Germany or the United Kingdom.
Does your service have any limitiations?
Yes, unfortunately - like anything in life - our service can not do everything. Here are some of these limitations:
- Turns ENTIRE websites into PDFs that look exactly like what's on screen with a few clicks.
- Supports all major character sets, such as Arabic, Asian, Cyrillic etc
- Full control over PDF page dimensions, margins, orientation, header and footer etc.
- Support for page breaking as well as for single page PDF creation (one long page)
- Control over which sections of a webpage you want to convert or not convert
- Watermarking and stamping of images or texts
- Full page background aka stationary functionality
- PDF rights management such as encryption, print protection and copy protection
- Converts web pages that are in a protected members area
- The page must be on URLs that we can access or you should send us HTML
- We can not convert web pages with Flash
- We do not convert pages that take longer than 60 seconds to complete. This limitation is for everyone, except for clients on a private server.
Also, you have to abide our usage restrictions and of course the terms and conditions of our service.
If this list did not answer your question, then please contact us.